The Partition Window command lets you partition rows into groups using the columns in a particular column.
To implement a Partition Window command:
- Enter a column name for the resulting column.
- Select a column whose values you will use to group rows.
- Select an operation to aggregate values for the new column. This might be an average temperature, or a running total. See Operations Used in Commands for more details on these operations.
- Select a column on which to perform the aggregation. This column must contain numerical data.
- Select a length and unit for the aggregation window, such as “1 hour” or “15 minutes.”
- Click the + icon to add the command to the Guide script.
The results of the script appear in the Output View window.