An error raised during statement execution when a column cannot be populated. For example:
- an inserted row rejected for having a null value for a not-null column.
- an inserted row rejected for violating some other column constraint.
- an arithmetic error (like divide by zero) evaluating an expression.
- arithmetic overflow or underflow evaluating an expression
- arithmetic overflow in the accumulator for an aggregate function, such as SUM().
For more information see Error Handling and Calculator error codes and SQLSTATE numbers.
Calculator errors are summarized in s-Server’s trace log files and in the ALL_TRACE global error stream and SAVED_TRACE error table. To control the frequency of sampling see Summarizing Error Messages.