Appendix: Upgrading SQLstream s-Server
To upgrade to a new version of s-Server, you should take the following steps:
- Stop the old server. See the topic - Starting and Stopping SQLstream Server* in this guide for more details.
- Install the new version using the steps in - Installing s-Server*. By default, the new version will install into a new directory named after the new version, along the lines of SQLstream 3.0.1.XXXX.
- Copy the files $SQLSTREAM_HOME/aspen.custom.properties, (or aspen.properties if you customized this file) to the new installation directory. ($SQLSTREAM_HOME refers to the base installation directory.)
- Copy any.jar files that you have created or modified in the $SQLSTREAM_HOME/plugins directory to the new plugins directory. ($SQLSTREAM_HOME refers to the base installation directory.)
- Run the newly installed server.
- Once you are satisfied that the new server is running correctly, you should uninstall the old server.
We recommend against running multiple versions of s-Server alongside one another.