Installing SQLstream on Parallels
You can install Guavus SQLstream on Parallels.
To do so:
- Install Parallels on your machine. For an installer, see https://www.parallels.com/
- Download the Parallels installer from https://sqlstream.com/downloads/parallels/. This installer downloads as a zip file called SQLstream-<VERSION>.pvm.zip
- Unzip the Parallels installer.
- Double-click the Parallels installer.
- The SQLstream virtual appliance for Parallels opens.
- Confirm that the following Guavus SQLstream components are running (you can also stop these from this page): s-Server, webAgent, s-Dashboard, StreamLab
- Register Guavus SQLstream Parallels virtual appliance, which installs as a free version limited to processing 1G of data per day. Once you have registered, SQLstream will send you a 60-day trial license for Guavus SQLstream’s Enterprise Edition, which lets you process unlimited data. When your 60-day trial license expires, this instance will revert to the 1GB/day limit.
- Run the Mochi Demonstration application. Using s-Dashboard, the Mochi demonstration application simulates clusters of failed logins at a bank, either by phone or web, as well as withdrawals or debits using the same customer id number.
- Start a stream of simulated bus location data, see this data being used in a StreamLab application, and view a tutorial on how to integrate this data on your own.
- Download and install SQLstream s-Studio and other client tools. See Installing SQLstream s-Studio and Installing SQLstream Client Tools for more details. For both s-Studio and sqlLine, you will need the JDBC address for the s-Server instance in the Guavus SQLstream Parallels virtual appliance. By default, this address is jdbc:sqlstream:sdp://localhost:5570.