The Window command lets you perform a windowed aggregation on a selected column. The command produces a new column with the result of the operation.
To implement a Window command:
- Enter a column name for the resulting column.
- Select an operation to aggregate values for the new columns. This might be an average temperature, or a running total. See - Operations Used in Commands* for more details on these operations.
- Select a column on which to perform the aggregation. This column must contain numerical data.
- Select a length and unit for the aggregation window, such as “1 hour” or “15 minutes”.
- Click the + icon to add the command to the Guide script.
- The results of the script appear in the Output View window.